Friday, August 23, 2013

Learn How to Align and Measure a Scope Box in Revit without the API

Brand New Method Here!!!!!!!!!!

Frustrated with the limited modeling tools of the scope box element in Revit?
Did you ever want to know how to align and measure a Scope Box in Revit?


Anyone tell you it could not be done?
Watch the following video tutorial I recorded and decide for yourself.
No API was used for this method.
If any of you know me....you know.... I add a lot of background when I explain a new method so make sure to sit thru all 15 minutes and don't even think about skipping to the end or else you will miss something :)
This is for all levels of Revit , beginner to guru.
Make sure to turn up the sound because it was a little low when I recorded it. Enjoy! I hope this helps.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Worth the 15 min.thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, the method really makes it posible to control the scopeboxes - a line across at both ends and its posible to rotate the scopebox with a precision normally not possible :-)

Brian Lee said...

Your tip works! Another way I did this is by setting the current plan view to the scope box then set it to none. It imprints the crop box to the scope box and now I have something to snap to. Sizing still remains an issue lol.

Unknown said...

Awesome. Kinda relates to one of the pervious comments but my issue was a slightly mis-rotated scope box. Snapped a detail line to the crop box (never thought I would ever need/could do that). That gave me somewhere to draw a reference plane defining the alignment of my mis-aligned scope box. Then using Marcello's incredible find, regarding the interaction of ref planes and scope boxes, it was a case of drawing another ref plane defining what I wanted. A little bit of brain work = result.