Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Preparing for a Conference Technical Presentation Preview

Over the next few months I thought it would be fun to show  how I personally prepare for a Conference Presentation.

People always ask me

"Marcello What is  your secret to giving a presentation that has won top  awards at both AU and RTC"?

the truth is ...
I have no secret.... 
I just try to improve every year

So here is a preview.....from one of the segments of this series....

Selecting the right examples......


When I present a conference technical presentation I could not just provide any example.
It has to be one that is well thought out or else I will lose the audience. The example has to have (at the least) the following considerations.

  1. is this relevant to the audience? 
  2. Could they use it or modify it for their use?
  3. is it to complicated so they do not understand it?
  4. is it to simple so they already know it?
  5. is it to "plain" so they think its not interesting?
  6. could the entire concept be explained in 10 to 12 minutes (this is the huge one and the deciding factor for every example i chose)

what does my "example" or set list look like?...

Here is one example of a set list prep that I did for #AU2015 that received the top rated class and a top speaker award for me


As I said this is just a sample of the 
"Preparing for a Conference Technical Presentation"
series to be shown over the next few months so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kimby said...

Just wanted to let you know your AU presentations are great. I've managed to figure out Dynamo by watching your videos on Autodesk.
Thanks to Dynamo I'm gonna be able to save our firm so much time by letting Dynamo dor repetitive tasks, like changing sheet numbers, renumbering doors etc.


Greetings from Belgium